INTUITIVE ART WITH SOMA
Wednesdays 9.30 AM-12 PM in Studio 2
8-WEEK COURSE STARTS FEBRUARY 12, 2020
Each week, you will playfully explore colours, patterns and variety of mixed media techniques, finding relaxation in the creative process.
ABSOLUTELY no previous experience or artistic ability required.
Course cost includes ALL material costs and four projects to take home.
Over this eight-week course, artist Soma Datta will help you learn:
• a variety of mixed media art techniques such as resist, stencilling, mark-making, pattern-making and layering
• how to embrace spontaneity and celebrate happy accidents though creative play
• how to maintain colour vibrancy in paintings by following basic colour theory guidelines
• easy intuitive art techniques for personal expression, such as painting to music and painting blindfolded
• how to let go and find relaxation in the creative process rather than focusing on the outcome.
You also go home with completed artworks and notes on mixed-media intuitive art techniques so you can use your newly acquired skills to find relaxation when needed.
COST: $157 (eight-week course) as an INTRODUCTORY special.
BYO: Apron, gloves rags (if you like to keep your hands clean), and a tube of your favourite colour in acrylics.
Q: What should I bring with me? What should I wear?
A: Apron and gloves are highly recommended (so you can focus on enjoying the creative process). BYO water bottle and snacks. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
Q: What’s the refund policy?
A: The artist requires a minimum number of 8 attendees to run this course – if there are less than this number 48 hours prior to the course starting, we reserve the right to cancel this event. You will be refunded the FULL course cost.
However, if you change your mind once the course starts, refunds are not possible.
Q: How do I book a spot?
A: Email [email protected] or message via www.facebook.com/tranquilcanvas or call Koorliny Arts Centre on 9467 7118. Note that your space in the class is reserved only once full payment has been received.
Q: How do I pay?
Bank details will be provided on an invoice emailed to you.