Tay Broadley is an actor, extra, guitarist, director and singer based in Western Australia. In the lead-up to TICK, TICK … BOOM! we asked him five important questions.
Give us 5 reasons people should come to see Tick, Tick … Boom!
- The cast is fantastic.
- Small-scale musicals deserve more love.
- There are a million hidden references for musical theatre fans to find.
- We’re taking the show into a different style of staging that I’m not used to seeing in Perth.
- This might be one of the most underrated shows out there from the writer of one of the most popular shows out there.
What are your 5 favourite songs in the musical?
- “Johnny Can’t Decide”
- “Louder than Words”
What are 5 things you like about being a director?
- Being able to tell a story from all angles of production.
- Being able to experiment visually with a show.
- Getting to see a crew of talent bring things to the table I could never think of.
- Having the ability to take risks and see them either fall apart or pay off massively.
- Creative freedom
What are 5 things you have learned about theatre since getting involved?
- You’re always going to be your own harshest critic.
- Every aspect of the production deserves care and respect.
- Carry yourself from the inside out, not the outside in.
- Never underestimate a creative hunch.
- Gaffer tape is the most useful member of the entire cast and crew.
Tell us 5 shows you dream of directing.
- American Idiot
- American Psycho
- Spring Awakening
- Brother Wolf